Inspiral's Spiral

What goes around comes around.

Thursday, November 25, 2004

Friends of Live

I used to be a Friend of Live. Then I had a stupid long distance net thing with another member of the Straight Outta York message board. After that ended I wanted nothing more to do with Live, I wanted them forgotten. Well that has been totally my loss for the last 7 years!! Not the stupid net thing - my rejection of Live! Today I bought Awake - the best of Live cd with a bonus DVD and I am totally back into them again! $18 for a cd with a bonus DVD is a total bargain, that's why I bought it, thanks Kmart.

I have the music video to my favourite ever song by Live, Selling the Drama. That's the song that got me into them in a massive way in 1994/95. When I saw Live live in concert in May 1997 they absolutely rocked! I have never been to a better concert. Also never been to one with a bigger police presence either, incidentally. They played songs from their first album, Mental Jewellery, and I was singing along until I realised that I was the only one around me singing along. Nobody else knew the songs! God, you call yourself fans people! Ha ha ha.

Live are touring Australia and will be in Brisbane in 7 days! Tickets are about $75 and that is just too much. I'd love to see them again but not for that price. Not to mention that no one wants to go with me and I won't go alone.

So now I have 3 albums to catch up on, since I stopped buying them with Secret Samadhi. (I have it on white vinyl!) It's a good thing christmas is coming...


5 Comments:

  • At 8:50 am, Blogger Hugh said…

    You are a fan of Live. Owning a white vinyl album is impressive. I thought "Throwing Copper" was a remarkable album in that it hardly has a bad song on it.

     
  • At 4:00 pm, Blogger Inspiral said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 4:00 pm, Blogger Inspiral said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 4:07 pm, Blogger Inspiral said…

    Secret Samadhi on white vinyl, thank you Toombul Music. Live played the Brisbane Convention Centre last night and I bet it was awesome. *sigh* I had no one to go with and buying a $75 ticket for someone who didn't want to be there wasn't worth it.

    Throwing Copper is my favourite of the Live albums I own. Songs that stand out on it for me are TBD and Pillar of Davidson. I am not all that fond of Lightning Crashes, sure its a good song but there are better ones.

     
  • At 8:23 pm, Blogger Ben said…

    er ... well, live just aren't as funny as Lano and Woodley! :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home